Saturday, September 3, 2011

Welcome!

Hello Biology students!

Well, here's your blog....I hope it will be a useful tool for all of you! 

Please feel free to comment below and ask questions or share some interesting fact you discovered this week while studying and observing.  I have the comments section set to be manually approved before showing up.  This is to avoid spam and unwanted comments from across the internet.  Don't panic if you don't see your comment right away, it will be there.

If we have any brave soul that kept the specimens from our last lab, we'll look at them one more time to determine if any other microorganisms are present.  If not, we'll move on to experiments 3.2 {Observing Protozoa} and 3.3 {Observing Algae}  For our next lab, please bring colored pencils if you have them!  You will be sketching what you see under the microscope and color is necessary.

I have reviewed the lab reports that were handed in Tuesday night and so far, so good.  If you didn't hand yours in yet, please bring these to our next class meeting.



Ok, for fun...who can identify this microorganism?

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Hayes, would you like us to read the experiments before we come to class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Blaise, that way everyone is prepared and ready to go. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome! I thought you might have said that in class, and wanted to check. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete